Frequently Asked Questions
Information for students, teachers, and volunteers.
What is the schedule for the day?
- 8:00 - 9:30 - Volunteers will be shuttled from Fort Ouiatenon to Tapawingo Park
- 9:00-9:30 Students begin arriving at Tapawingo Park
- 9:30 - Announcements
- 9:45 - Raft Launch
- 10:35 – 10:55 Lafayette Renew (first 7 rafts) – Dog Park Island
- 10:35-10:55 Purdue Water Quality – (last 6 rafts) – Dog Park Island
- 11:00 – 11:20 Lafayette Renew (last 7 rafts)
- 11:00 – 11:20 Water Quality (first 6 rafts)
- (Tests, snack and drink)
- 11:30 - Launch to Wea Creek Island (1.3 miles)
- 12:00 - Fish Session at Wea Creek Island
- 12:25 - Fish and On the River Test
- 12:35 - Launch to Fort Ouiatenon (.89 mile)
- 1:00 - Arrive at Fort Ouiatenon for lunch
- 1:45 - Winning raft announced – school pictures taken if time permits
- 2:00 Load buses
Do we have rain dates scheduled for this event?
Unfortunately, in the case of inclement weather, we do not have make-up dates. If we are forced to cancel your day, we cannot move your day. Hopefully this will not happen.
Is lunch provided?
Yes! Lunch and a drink will be provided to all participants.
What food will be provided for lunches?
- Tuesday, September 11 - Mitchell’s Mexican Grill. Thank you, Mitchell’s!
- Wednesday, September 12 - Chick-Fil-A. Compliments of IN American Water
- Thursday, September 13 - Hamburgers and hotdogs. Compliments of Wabash River Enhancement Corp. (WREC)
- Tuesday, September 18 - Papa John’s Pizza. Thank you, Papa John’s!
- Wednesday, September 19 - TBD
Does my student need to turn in a liability waiver?
Yes, all students must have a completed liability and photo release returned to the teacher prior to the event in order to participate. Teachers should provide the forms however if for any reason and additional copy is needed please click here to print a copy.
How do I register to volunteer?
Click here to register to volunteer. This link will open in a new window. A background check will be required for all volunteers. The form can be found here. Please mail or email this form to the TCPWQ. There will be no cost to you for the background check that will be ran through the Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Department. Thank you for your willingness to volunteer. We look forward to seeing you on the water!
What should I wear?
Closed-toe shoes are required for all participants. No open toe sandals or Crocs are allowed. It is also recommended that you wear clothes that can get wet. Life jackets will be provided
What else should I bring?
Dry clothes and shoes are recommended for after the rafting trip. A towel is also recommended for after the event.
Where should I park?
Volunteers should park at Fort Ouiatenon. Please arrive between 7:30-7:45. Fort Ouiatenon is located at 3129 S. River Road., West Lafayette, IN 47906.
What if I have additional questions?
Please feel free to contact the Tippecanoe County Partenership for Water Quality (TCPWQ) with any questions and/or concerns you may have at (765) 423-9228 or by email to Monica Christopher at email@example.com