Frequently Asked Questions
Information for students, teachers, and volunteers.
What is the TENATIVE schedule for the day?
- 8:00 - 9:30 - Volunteers will be shuttled from Fort Ouiatenon to Tapawingo Park
- 9:00-9:30 Students begin arriving at Tapawingo Park
- 9:30 - Announcements
- 9:45 - Raft Launch
- 10:35 – 11:00 Lafayette Renew (first 7 rafts) – Shamrock Island
- 10:35-11:00 Purdue Water Quality – (last 6 rafts) –Shamrock Island
- 11:05 – 11:30 Lafayette Renew (last 7 rafts)
- 11:05 – 11:30 Water Quality (first 6 rafts)
- (Tests, snack and drink)
- 11:40 - Launch to Wea Creek Island (1.3 miles)
- 12:05 - 12:30 Fish Session at Wea Creek Island
- 12:35 - Fish and On the River Test
- 12:40 - Launch to Fort Ouiatenon (.89 mile)
- 1:00 - Arrive at Fort Ouiatenon for lunch
- 1:45 - Winning raft announced – school pictures taken if time permits
- 2:00 Load buses
Are there rain dates scheduled for this event?
Unfortunately, in the case of inclement weather, we do not have make-up dates. If we are forced to cancel your day, we cannot move your day. If your school is running late, we cannot wait for your school, especially if there are other schools involved. We need to stick to a time schedule. This is also a safetly issue. We have one safetly boat and that boat needs to stay with the rafts.Hopefully this will not happen.
Is lunch provided?
Yes! Lunch and bottled water will be provided to all participants. You will be notifed before your day on the water of the menu. If you have special diatary needs, you will need to pack your own lunch.
Do I need to turn in a liability waiver?
Yes, ALL participants must have a completed liability and photo release filled out and turned to participate. Teachers should provide the forms however if for any reason and additional copy is needed please click here to print a copy.
How do I register to volunteer?
What is the dress code?
Students will need to follow their school dress code. Volunteers be comfortable. Please no swimsuits. Everyone will need to wear closed-toe shoes. This is required for ALL participants. No open toe sandals or Crocs are allowed. We recommend old tennis shoes or water shoes. Life jackets will be providedWe strongly suggest bringing a set of dry clothing, shoes and a towel.
Where should I park?
Volunteers should park at Fort Ouiatenon, located at 3136 S river Road, West Lafayette IN 47906 . The shuttle starts running at 8:00am.
What if I have additional questions?
Please feel free to contact Monica Christopher at the Tippecanoe County Partenership for Water Quality (TCPWQ) with any questions and/or concerns you may have at (765) 423-9228 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org