Wonders on the Wabash
September 11, 12, 13, 18 & 19
- 9:30 Announcements
- 9:45 Raft Launch 10:00 am to Dog Park Island (.9 mile)
- 10:35 – 10:55 Mussels (first 6 rafts) – Dog Park Island
- 10:35-10:55 Water Quality – (last 6 rafts) – Dog Park Island
- 11:00 – 11:20 Mussels (last 6 rafts)
- 11:00 – 11:20 Water Quality (first 6 rafts)
- (Tests, snack and drink)
- 11:30 launch to Wea Creek Island (1.3 miles)
- 12:00 Fish Session at Wea Creek Island
- 12:25 Fish and On The River Test
- 12:35 launch to Fort Ouiatenon (.89 mile)
- 1:00 Arrive at the Fort
- 1:00-1:30 -Lunch
- 1:35 - Winning raft announced
- 1:45 - Tie Breaker if necessary
- 2:00 Load busses.
- Life Jackets MUST be worn at all times. This is an insurance requirement that we must adhere to.
- Students MUST wear closed-toe shoes at all times. No opened toed sandals or Crocs are allowed. This is an insurance requirement that we must adhere to.
- Remain in raft at all times. Unless otherwise directed.
- Do not stand in rafts.
- When exiting rafts, exit from the front only.
- Paddles are to be used to maneuver the raft. ONLY.
- Emergency Personnel will be present in a motorized safety boat. They will have a first aid kit and will be able to assist should an emergency arise.
- This event is completely FREE to all participants.
- Check the Weather for your day
- Dress appropriately.
- Dress for the weather.
- Wear closed toe shoes for the water or closed toe water shoes.
- NO open toe shoes allowed.
- Your feet WILL get WET.
- It is highly recommended you bring extra:
- You could get WET!
- We ask that you do not bring your own life jacket.
- Life jackets will be provided.
- Lunch and drinks will be provided.